The education they provide shall fit the requirements of the State. Everyone shall have the right to legal defence whenever his rights or legitimate interests are violated or endangered. (1) The fundamental civil rights shall be irrevocable. (5) The President shall proclaim a state of war in the case of an armed attack against Bulgaria or whenever urgent actions are required by virtue of an international commitment, or shall proclaim martial law or any other state of emergency whenever the National Assembly is not in session and cannot be convened. (2) The new passage of such a bill shall require a majority of more than half of all Members of the National Assembly. (1) Within the prerogatives vested in him, the President shall issue decrees, addresses and messages. return of a bill to the National Assembly for further debate; 5. (3) An impeachment against the President or Vice President shall be tried by the Constitutional Court within a month following the lodging of the impeachment. (2) The Council of Ministers shall ensure the public order and national security and shall exercise overall guidance over the state administration and the Armed Forces. The Council of Ministers shall rescind any illegitimate or improper act issued by a minister. (2) The Prime Minister shall head, coordinate and bear responsibility for the overall policy of the government. (3) Each member of the Council of Ministers shall head a ministry, except when the National Assembly resolves other-wise. 7/2006 - SG 78/ 2006) In the cases under para 3, item 5, the Chairman of the Supreme Court of Cassation, the Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court and the Prosecutor General shall be removed from office by the President of the Republic, also upon proposal of one-fourth of the Members of the National Assembly, adopted by a two-thirds majority of the Members of the National Assembly.
(6) The State shall promote education by opening and financing schools, by supporting capable school and university students, and by providing opportunities for occupational training and retraining. (1) Everyone shall have the right to avail himself of the national and universal human cultural values and to develop his own culture in accordance with his ethnic self-identification, which shall be recognized and guaranteed by the law. He shall have the right to be accompanied by legal counsel when appearing before an agency of the State. (2) Rights shall not be abused, nor shall they be exercised to the detriment of the rights or the legitimate interests of others. The National Assembly shall then be convened forthwith to endorse the decision. (3) Following a new passage of the bill by the National Assembly, the President shall promulgate it within seven days following its receipt. (2) The President's decrees shall be countersigned by the Prime Minister or the minister concerned. the organization and manner of action of the offices of the Presidency and the appointment of their staff; 6. Should the Constitutional Court convict the President or Vice President of high treason, or of a violation of the Constitution, the President's or Vice President's prerogatives shall be suspended. The President shall be free to devolve to the Vice President the prerogatives established by Art. (3) (new, SG 18/05) The Council of Ministers shall inform the National Assembly on issues concerning the obligations of the Republic of Bulgaria resulting from its membership in the European Union. The Council of Ministers shall manage the implementation of the state budget; organize the management of the states assets; conclude, confirm or denounce international treaties when authorized to do so by law. The President shall not deny the removal upon a repeated proposal. para 4 SG 27/06) In cases of removal from office under para 3, items 2 and 4, the acquired irremovably shall be restored upon subsequent appointment to the office of a judge, prosecutor or investigating magistrate.
(5) Prisoners shall be kept in conditions conducive to the exercise of those of their fundamental rights which are not restricted by virtue of their sentence. Everyone shall be entitled to protection against any unlawful interference in his private or family affairs and against encroachments on his honour, dignity and reputation. (2) Entry or stay inside a home without the consent of its occupant or without the judicial authorities' permission shall be allowed only for the purposes of preventing an immediately impending crime or a crime in progress, for the capture of a criminal, or in extreme necessity. (2) Exceptions to this provision shall be allowed only with the permission of the judicial authorities for the purpose of discovering or preventing a grave crime. This right shall be restricted only by virtue of law in the name of national security, public health, and the rights and freedoms of other citizens. (1) The study and use of the Bulgarian language shall be a right and an obligation of every Bulgarian citizen. (2) The standing committees shall aid the work of the National Assembly and shall exercise parliamentary control on its behalf. Any official or citizen subpoenaed by a parliamentary committee shall be obligated to testify and present any required documents. (3) Voting shall be personal and open, except when the Constitution requires or the National Assembly resolves on a secret ballot. approve any deployment and use of Bulgarian armed forces outside the country's borders, and the deployment of foreign troops on the territory of the country or their crossing of that territory; 12. (2) (new, SG 18/05) The law ratifying the international treaty referred to in para 1, item 9 shall be adopted by a majority of two-thirds of all members of the Parliament.
(7) There shall be no limitation to the prosecution and the execution of a sentence for crimes against peace and humanity. (3) The situations in which only the official language shall be used shall be established by law. The State shall assist the maintenance of tolerance and respect among the believers from different denominations, and among believers and non-believers. No one shall be persecuted or restricted in his rights because of his views, nor shall be obligated or forced to provide information about his own or another person's views. (2) This right shall not be used to the detriment of the rights and reputation of others, or for the incitement of a forcible change of the constitutionally established order, the perpetration of a crime, or the incitement of enmity or violence against anyone. (2) An injunction on or a confiscation of printed matter or another information medium shall be allowed only through an act of the judicial authorities in the case of an encroachment on public decency or incitement of a forcible change of the constitutionally established order, the perpetration of a crime, or the incitement of violence against anyone. (1) Everyone shall be entitled to seek, obtain and disseminate information. A newly elected National Assembly shall be convened for a first session by the President of the Republic within a month following its election. (1) The first session of the National Assembly shall be opened by the senior present Member. open, chair and close the sessions of the National Assembly and maintain orderly proceedings; 4. (4) (former para 3, SG 18/05) The conclusion of an international treaty requiring an amendment to the Constitution shall be preceded by the passage of such an amendment. (2) The laws and resolutions passed by the National Assembly shall be binding on all state bodies, all organizations and all citizens. (2) The State Budget Bill shall be drawn up and presented by the Council of Ministers. By way of exception, the National Assembly may resolve to hold both ballots during a single session.
(2) The freedom of conscience and religion shall not be practised to the detriment of national security, public order, public health and morals, or of the rights and freedoms of others. An injunction suspension shall lose force if not followed by a confiscation within 24 hours. This right shall not be exercised to the detriment of the rights and reputation of others, or to the detriment of national security, public order, public health and morality. (1) Every citizen above the age of 18, with the exception of those placed under judicial interdiction or serving a prison sentence, shall be free to elect state and local authorities and vote in referendums. (1) Matrimony shall be a free union between a man and a woman. (2) Spouses shall have equal rights and obligations in matrimony and the family. (1) The raising and upbringing of children until they come of legal age shall be a right and obligation of their parents and shall be assisted by the State. Should the President fail to do so, it shall be convened by one-fifth of the Members of the National Assembly. (2) At the first session the Members shall swear the following oath: "I swear in the name of the Republic of Bulgaria to observe the Constitution and the laws of the country and in all my actions to be guided by the interests of the people. (1) The Chairperson of the National Assembly shall: 1. attest by his signature the contents of the acts passed by the National Assembly; 5. (2) All other acts of the National Assembly shall require a single ballot. (1) A motion of no confidence in the Council of Ministers shall require seconding by at least one-fifth of the Members of the National Assembly.
(2) Everyone shall be entitled to obtain information from state bodies and agencies on any matter of legitimate interest to them which is not a state or official secret and does not affect the rights of others. (2) The organization and procedure for the holding of elections and referendums shall be established by law. (1) All citizens shall have the right to peaceful and unarmed assembly for meetings and demonstrations. (2) The organization/s activity shall not be contrary to the country's sovereignty and national integrity, or the unity of the nation, nor shall it incite racial, national, ethnic or religious enmity or an encroachment on the rights and freedoms of citizens; no organization shall establish clandestine or paramilitary structures or shall seek to attain its aims through violence. All citizens shall have the right to lodge complaints, proposals and petitions with the state authorities. (3) The form of a marriage, the conditions and procedure for its conclusion and termination, and all private and material relations between the spouses shall be established by law. (2) Mothers shall be the object of special protection on the part of the State and shall be guaranteed prenatal and postnatal leave, free obstetric care, alleviated working conditions and other social assistance. 70 amend., SG 27/06) A Member of the National Assembly shall be immune from detention or criminal prosecution except for the perpetration of an criminal offence, and in such case the permission of the National Assembly or, in between its session, of the Chairperson of the National Assembly, shall be required. (1) A Member's prerogatives shall expire before the expiry of his term of office upon any of the following occurrences: 1. The National Assembly shall be a permanently acting body. I have sworn." (3) The National Assembly shall elect at the same session its Chairperson and Deputy Chairpersons. promulgate all resolutions, declarations and addresses passed by the National Assembly; 6. The National Assembly shall be convened for its sessions by its Chairperson: 1. (3) Each passed act shall be promulgated in State Gazette within 15 days of being passed. To be passed, the motion shall require a majority of more than half of the votes of all National Assembly Members. He shall embody the unity of the nation and shall represent the State in its international relations. (1) The President shall be elected directly by the voters for a period of five years by a procedure established by law.
(3) (new, SG 18/05) The elections for Members of the European Parliament and the participation of European Union citizens in the elections for local authorities shall be regulated by law. (2) The procedure for the organizing and holding of meetings and demonstrations shall be established by law. (3) The law shall establish which organizations shall be subject to registration, the procedure for their termination, and their relationships with the State. (3) Children born out of wedlock shall enjoy equal rights with those born in wedlock. The State shall take care to provide conditions for the exercising of this right. No permission shall be required when a Member is detained in flagrante delicto; the National Assembly or, in between its session, the Chairperson of the National Assembly, shall be notified forthwith. The National Assembly shall establish the emoluments of its Members. resignation presented before the National Assembly; 2. The National Assembly shall be organized and shall act in accordance with the Constitution and its own internal rules. organize the National Assembly's international contacts. (2) The Deputy Chairpersons of the National Assembly shall assist the Chairperson and carry out any activities devolved by him. (2) Should the National Assembly vote no confidence in the Prime Minister or the Council of Ministers, the Prime Minister shall hand in his governments resignation. (1) Members of the National Assembly shall have the right to address questions and interpellations to the Council of Ministers and to individual ministers, who shall be obligated to respond. (1) The National Assembly shall establish a National Audit Office to supervise the implementation of the budget. (new, SG 27/06) (1) The National Assembly shall elect an Ombudsman, who shall defend the rights and freedoms of the citizens. (2) The President shall be assisted in his actions by a Vice President. (2) Eligible for President shall be any natural-born Bulga-rian citizen over 40 years of age and qualified to be elected to the National Assembly, who has resided in the country for the five years preceding the election. name landmarks and communities of national importance; 14. (1) Following consultations with the parliamentary groups, the President shall appoint the Prime Minister-designate nominated by the party holding the highest number of seats in the National Assembly to form a government.
(3) A defendant shall be considered innocent until proven otherwise by a final verdict. - SG 12/07) The National Assembly shall open its sessions and pass resolutions when more than half of its Members are present. The National Assembly may by exception resolve to hold some sessions behind closed doors. They shall be given priority in addressing the Members. create, transform and close down ministries on a motion from the Prime Minister; 8. - SG 12/07 ) hold a hearing and recieve the annual reports of the Supreme Court of Cassation, the Supreme Administrative Court and the Prosecutor General, submitted by the Supreme Judicial Council, on the application of the law and on the activities of the courts, the prosecution office and the investigating bodies; 17. (1) The National Assembly shall ratify or denounce by law all international treaties which: 1. concern the Republic of Bulgaria's participation in international organizations; 3.